Thursday 6 February 2014

GOT Polish Challenge - Week 5 - Green - Gradient Skittlette

Week 5 of the (Golden Oldie Thursday) GOT Polish challenge over at Crumpet's Nail Tarts.  I have a lot green nail polish that is over a year old.  But I was looking in my last haul box from Fragrance Direct and I found some of my rolls of foil I had put in.  In that stash there was a metallic green one.  I have had this in my stash for a VERY long time, bought from QVC when they used to showcase Special FX nail polish, anyone remember that?  
Anyway I just had to use this old green in my manicure. I've done a skittlette for this challenge. I used the foil only on my pinky.  I did not use the glue technique.  Once I painted the second coat of polish I waited until it was nearly dry but still tacky to touch then quickly applied the foil in short bursts.
For the ring and middle finger, I did a taped heart shape gradient (I have seen a lot of these so thanks goes to all of you for inspiration). And a normal sponge gradient for the index and thumb.
Items used:
OPI Nail Envy
Seche Vite
Sally Hansen - Ion
OPI - Mermaid's Tears
China Glaze - Great Barrier Beige
Nails Inc - Electric Avenue
Nail Foil  - Green

1 comment:

Thanks for looking.