Friday 27 May 2016

40 Great Nail Art Ideas - Hot Pink - Gradient with Decals

Week 34 of the 52 week 40 Great Nail Art Idea's Challenge.

This week a double prompt, Hot Pink for everyone and my personal prompt: Gradient.

I chose my colours carefully, thinking they were different shades (the first two in picture below), in the bottle they certainly look it, right?  Wrong!  I had a base of white (OPI - Alpine Snow), on top of that I started to sponge on the first two OPI colours, but when on they looked the same.  I did another coat thinking the difference would show.... nope... it did not.

So I changed one of the colours (LA Girl).  I did from cuticle, LA Girl and 2nd OPI, and this seemed much better.  On the two middle fingers I added a little white to the tips to lighten it a little.
They looked too plain though, so I added some flower decals on a few nails.

I have done gradient nails a million times, but this one just did not turn out that well at all.  I am pleased but not one of my best!


 

See what other participants did in this challenge via the inlinkz below:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking.