Tuesday 21 January 2014

New Shorter Oval Shaped Nails

My nails have been suffering somewhat this last couple of months.  I blame myself, lack of cuticle moisturising has not helped at all.  They have been peeling and breaking and cracking.  I have read an awful lot that if you shape the nails into an oval shape they are less traumatised, so I have filed them right down into an oval shape.  I did the same around about this time last year.  It seemed to help as my nails did grow back stronger, but that may be due to the fact that I did start moisturising a lot more.  

Be prepared.... pictures of my bare un-polished nails coming up.  I have done a complete manicure here. Removed old polish, removed cuticles using my favourite product - Blue Cross Cuticle Remover. Filed and shaped nails into new oval shape.  Applied two coats of OPI Nail Envy, let that dry and applied OPI Avoplex oil to the cuticles.  Apart from the slight yellow discolouration from wearing a lot of polish, they look really healthy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking.